Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

WI-8 District Prediction: McCormick Will Run

I know that's not exactly big news for those in the know, but I am convinced that is the case. This is not based on any special or insider information (I don't have either) but it is based on an email I received from McCormick a few days ago.

Last Saturday I took a few minutes to email some folks that have been mentioned as possible challengers to Steve Kagen in 2010. Within two hours of my email to McCormick I received a quite lengthy and thorough response. As much as I would like to believe she wrote it in response to my inquiry, I don't. McCormick began:
We have scheduled a decision – as to whether or not I will announce on November 17, 2009 in Green Bay at the Former Rock Gardens/ Club 1951. We will hold a reception from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00a.m.
And continued:
How a person has acted in and out of public office- is usually an indicator of how they will lead at times of great crisis and conflict. It is easy to stand up and make promises – it is far more difficult to show a track record that supports their promises.

I believe that I may be the Right Leader at the Right Time in 2010 – we all know that there are federal obstacles with candidates that are favored more by political machines than others – It has never been my goal to work for machines from out of state – rather to continue my legacy for working for the people I represent.

The planned announcement, the level of detail in her response, and the slogan-like language which was italicized in the email all make me think that she is definitely in.

So perhaps I have just embarked on a career as a political prognosticator that will end almost as soon as it began or the race for Wisconsin's 8th Congressional District is about to get even more interesting (as if that were possible!). Either way we will find out on the 17th.

No comments: