Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

We Have People for That

Did Baucus Read the Health Reform Bill? « S E N A T U S
Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-MT), one of the “chief authors of the healthcare law, suggested Tuesday that he did not read the entire 2,400 page piece of legislation,” The Hill reports.

Speaking at a forum in his home state, Baucus and Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius were asked by an audience member if they had read the whole bill and "if not, that is the most despicable, irresponsible thing.”

“I don’t think you want me to waste my time to read every page of the healthcare bill," Baucus said, according to the Flathead Beacon. "You know why? It’s statutory language … We hire experts."
I'm not sure this even needs a comment, but just let me say that most voters believe that when they vote they are hiring the experts.  I really don't think it's too much to ask that the people voting on our laws actually read and understand them, especially since we are paying them $174,000 a year to do so. 

Maybe Baucus should offer to refund us some of our money.

No comments: